We had a brilliant afternoon of entertainment on Friday 27th in our school hall from members of the Mc Cormack family from Corvinni Circus! The pupils thoroughly enjoyed the entertainers, what a talented family!
On Wednesday 11th we started our dancing lessons with Aimee Mac Manus. We are going to be making a creative dance project over the coming weeks with the BLAST Arts programme! We were very fortunate to be chosen to take part and are looking forward to getting stuck in. The children have chosen the theme, sport. They’ve begun a dance centred around basketball and look forward to the process of coming up with a new unique dance.
Music Generation continues to take place every Monday with Paul Shanagher. Pupils from 1st-6th are learning to play the ukulele. Junior & Senior Infants play the tongue drums as well as a variety of other instruments from their music bag! Please bring in instruments every Monday.
• Hurling continues to take place every Monday with Proinsias, weather permitting.
• Swimming commenced on Thursday 12th January & takes place between 11:00 – 12:00 in Roscommon Leisure Centre. There will be a total of 6 swimming lessons. Fees have yet to be finalised.
Afterschool Club continues to take place from 3-4:30pm at €5 per day with Teresa. We ask that afterschool club fees be paid every Monday to Ms. Watson.
French Lessons: 2nd - 6th class pupils started learning French with our tutor Lesa Rice on Monday 16th through our Primary Languages Initiative. The children are getting a fantastic opportunity to sample a new language & their cultures. They look forward to learning all about France. Well done to all children for the super effort and research that they carried out for their French projects.
Cash for Clobber: We have another Cash for Clobber Collection on Thursday 9th of February. We are currently collecting bags of unwanted clothes, paired shoes, handbags, towels, curtains and bedding. NO duvets or pillows please. These will be taken away by Cookstown Textile Recyclers and will be re-used and recycled. The school will receive money for these bags based on weight. Your support is greatly appreciated! Bags can be left in our school shelter from Monday 6th of February.
All pupils attended mass on Friday 6th January in Rahara Church to celebrate the Epiphany of our Lord. Catholic Schools week took place on Sunday 23rd to Friday 27th of January. The theme for the week was “Walking together in Faith and Love”. Rahara NS was filled with excitement on Thursday 26th of January when we celebrated Grandparents Day. Thank you to all grandparents for playing such a special role in the lives of our pupils and well done to the children for all their preparations for such a special day.
A Parent’s Association meeting was held in Rahara N.S. on Monday 16th of January.
PLC School Closure
There will be no half day school closure this term for the Primary Language Curriculum. School will be closed on Monday 15th May for all pupils to facilitate staff training for the New Curriculum.
Bricks 4 Kidz
LEGO Bricks 4 Kidz facilitated two workshops with all pupils on Wednesday 11th of January. The children learned all about engineering and applied their skills and talents to building projects using science, technology, engineering & maths through LEGO. The children built motorised LEGO technic models of bulldozers & windmills. A great day was enjoyed by all.
Dates for your diary
• Monday 6 th February – School closed for Bank Holiday
• Thursday 16th & Friday 17th February – School closed for mid-term
• Thursday 2nd March – World Book Day – pupils may dress as a character from a book. They can also bring in some of their favourite books – There will be lots of exciting activities on the day!
• Wednesday 15th March – First Confessions in St. John’s Church at 19:30
• Friday 17th March – School closed for St. Patrick’s Day
• Friday 31st March – School closes at 12:00 for the Easter Holidays
• Monday 17th April – School reopens for term 3
• Monday 1st May – School closed for Bank Holiday
• Sunday 14th May – First Holy Communion at 10:00 in Rahara Church
• Monday 15th May – School closed to facilitate staff training.
Note from Principal
I wish to express our appreciation to all the parents who have helped and supported us with our enrolment. I am especially grateful to the parents who have helped with posters, flyers & sharing our Facebook posts. Thank you!