School will remain closed until Sunday 19th of April 2020
Rahara National School will remain closed until Sunday 19th of April as part of contingency measures put in place by the Chief Medical Officer and Public Health Officials. This is in line with the advice of the National Public Health Emergency Team. Rahara National School is due to re-open on Monday 20th of April, however, this is subject to change, all decisions will be made in line the advice of the National Public Health Emergency Team. Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Be safe.
Senior Room activities during school closure
Literacy & Numeracy Workbooks
Spellings & sentences both for English & Irish
Tables - Multiplication 4, 5, 6
Literacy & Numeracy Card - 1 per week
Mathematics each class completes one topic per week
English each class completes one chapter per week
- Reading for pleasure
- Free writing for pleasure, topic of your choice
Gaeilge - one chapter per week, and Leabhar Litrithe corresponding section
- Spend time watching Cúla 4 on TG4
S.E.S.E. - Project on St. Patrick
P.E. - Outside Games: hopping, skipping, jumping, jogging, running etc.
Music - Listen to different sounds in your environment, identify patterns of sound
Religion - Daily prayer & reflection
S.P.H.E. - Personal Hygiene
Enrollment for New School Year 2020 - 2021
If your child is scheduled to start school in September 2020 or if you are contemplating changing schools, please come and visit Rahara NS. We have a lot to offer including a Homework Club which runs, Monday-Thursday until 4:30pm!
To give you a flavour of life in Rahara National School, please visit the 'News' section of our website. Scroll down to see all that happens - it is a busy place! If you have any queries or require further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Check out our school Newsletters, Facebook and Twitter pages for all the latest information on all the wonderful goings on in Rahara National School.
Upcoming Policy Review
As part of the continuous consultative process of policy review undertaken by the Board of Management, parents are invited to take part in an upcoming review of policies in the school. As part of the consultative process the main stakeholders (B.O.M., Staff, Parents and Pupils) are very welcome to make submissions regarding policy updates via the schools email address email@example.com. All stakeholders are made aware of draft policies on our school website and a hard copy is also available on request from the school office.
The upcoming policies for review are be available to view below:
Also, an important factor to highlight, these policies are in the draft phase, specific details of dates and timings in some instances are for effect rather than actual policy requirement.
Rahara National School looks forward to the continued collaborative process of all stakeholders.
Thank you for your continued support.
Rahara National School
Fáilte go Scoil Náisiúnta Rath Aradh.
We extend a warm welcome to you and your child. It is our aim that your child will be extremely happy in our school and will achieve his/her full potential. There is a strong sense of community and a high level of cooperation between staff, pupils and parents.
Our school is situated in County Roscommon in the 'Heart of Ireland'. Thank you for taking the time to visit us. We hope you enjoy our website. To learn more about our school please click on the links. We are always delighted to hear feedback from people who view our site.
Please feel free to mail your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A gentle reminder to parents of the upcoming events taking place in March and April:
- On Monday March 9th, the children will be visiting Birr Castle. They will be taking part in a number of Science workshops and will also be visiting the national observatory as part of the Discover Primary Science Award.
- On Tuesday March 10th Rahara National School will be closed to facilitate a Primary Language Curriculum training day for staff.
- On Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th of March the school will be closed for St. Patricks day.
- On Friday 20th of March the Junior Infant vaccinations will take place in school.
- On Wednesday 25th of March, Confirmation will take place in Knockcroghery Church at 11am.
- On Wednesday 1st of April, the children will be visiting Roscommon Library, where they will get a library tour, reading workshops and will be withdrawing books of their choice on the day.
- On Friday 3rd of April, Rahara National School will close for the Easter holidays at 12:30 pm. The school will re-open on Monday April 20th at 9:20 am. There will be on Tuesday 10th of March, Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th of March inclusive.
Follow all the latest news and upcoming events on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Follow our Facebook page:
Follow our Twitter page: twitter.com/n_rahara